Last Updated: 6/9/2016
Go’s Top 3 Points on Privacy
- You control your data. We think products are more enjoyable to use if you know that you’re in control of your data.
- You are only contacted when you want. If you are interested in learning more about an auto insurer, you can call them directly from Go. There is no way that an auto insurer can contact you if you don't first ask. We like to build the products we want to use, and only being contacted by who you ask, seems best.
- If you choose, the only data you share with auto insurers is the information you give them over messaging, on the phone, or with Apple Pay. With Go, you do not share any information from the app with an auto insurers unless you choose to.
- We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by posting the updated policy and revising the "Last Updated" date above. We encourage you to review the policy whenever you use our Services to stay informed about our information practices and about the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
- We collect information you provide, such as when you sign up for a Go account or enter information to see potential insurance savings. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following: basic user information, such as your name, email address, insurance provider, car year & make, monthly payment, monthly miles, effective date, and expiration date.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including as follows:
- Location Information. When one of our applications is open on your mobile device, we periodically receive information about the location of the device. We use this information to remember your miles so you don’t have to.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device's interaction with our Services.
Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and to deliver the information and support you request, including your mileage, insurance savings, and your account information.
We also use information about you to improve and personalize the Services. To take just one example, when you sign up for a Go account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as the location of your device so you don’t have to type in your zip code in the Go Savings Calculator.
We may use information we collect to send you news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products and services offered by us.
We may also use information about you to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; to protect our rights or property; to verify your identity; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you first launch our mobile applications, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of location information. We currently require this location information in order to provide our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, the Go application will no longer function well. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove Go applications from your device.
- Personal Information. You may change or correct information about yourself by logging into your Go account at any time or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account. We may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
95 Federal St.
San Francisco, California 94107